Friday, February 5, 2010

Thanks for all the prayers!!!

Let me tell ya: It has been one LONG week. Thank you all so much for all the prayers. Addy surgery was very successful and we are finally home and she even drank a sippy cup tonight!!! Which is very exciting for us. The surgery was Tuesday morning and it went very well with no complications from her blood disorder. We were admitted immediately after the surgery and thats where the fun began. She was pretty drugged up the rest of the day Tuesday and most of the night until 1am. She woke up screaming and crying and would absolutely refuse to take anything food, liquids, or her meds. We finally got her calmed down at about 3am and she took a little of her meds. On Wednesday she ate 1 cup of orange sherbert for breakfast but about an hour later she started throwing up and threw up about 10 cups of fluid. For the rest of the day she ate nothing, drank nothing, therefore the doctor said we either had to stay or go home with the IV. The thought of that freaked me out so we stayed. Once again she woke up at 1am and it only took an hour this time to calm her down and get her to take her meds. Thursday she once again refused to eat or drink anything. The nurse and I finally talked her into eating some ice chips. She then continued to eat two cupfuls of ice cubes. I was excited and the doctor sent us home!!! Thursday night we ate supper with my family and grandma got her to eat some meatloaf for supper. She slept pretty good woke up once at 3:30 and would only let mommy give her her meds. I had to go back to work today and I was struggling leaving her a bit even though I knew daddy would take good care of her. I was doing okay until Johnny called me and told me that she had started throwing up again. He called the doctor and the dr. said that if she couldn't hold stuff down she would have to go back...Well she kept her lunch and suppper down So hopefully we are on the uphill swing of things.
I really missed Hayleigh while I spent all my time at the hospital. She did get brought to the hospital twice. On the second time she was missing mommy too and did not want to go home and screamed for me in the parking lot from Marcee's car. I was heartbroken. I knew that Addyson needed me most, but I felt horrible for not being there for Hayleigh as well. It was terrible. The worst feeling in the world. I love both my girls dearly and I had a major melt down that night. I am so glad to be back home with both of them!!!
So this is where my week was a long and eventful week. I am tonight emotionally and physically drained. Thanks again for all the prayers and I thank God that he had a hand on my little girl this week. Love ya all, Amy


Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

oh man oh man... poor addy! poor mommy!

Jamie said...

Hope everyone and everything gets better from here on out! Luv ya!